5 Day Marine Refrigeration Course
Tradewinds Engineering Ltd is a City & Guilds approved training centre. This means that we have been through the rigorous process of being audited by City & Guilds to ensure that we are both capable and qualified to deliver their courses. To our delight, we have met these standards and are recognized as a high quality training provider.
We provide a mobile training service throughout the UK and worldwide which can deliver all of our courses at your premises. We also have training facilities in Aberdeen (Scotland) and Somerset (England).
What is this course about?
This course covers the fundamentals of refrigeration and air conditioning for the offshore industry. We discuss the concepts of working offshore and the types of equipment you are likely to be working on.
This will include:
- Galley Walk-in Cooler and Freezer Rooms
- Control Room Air Conditioning
- Electrical Switchroom Cooling Systems
- Living Quarters Air Conditioning & Chillers
What qualifications will I gain?
Upon successful completion of the course you will be awarded x2 certificates – x1 Brazing Certificate from the British Refrigeration Association and x1 City & Guilds 2079 certificate in F Gas & ODS Regulations.
1 Day – British Refrigeration Association Brazing
Level 2 up to 7/8” below 10kw
Level 3 up to 1 3/8” above 10kw
- Safety knowledge of Acetylene & Oxygen
- COSHH – Control of Substances Hazardous to Health Regulations (2002).
- MSDS – Material Safety Data Sheets
- Approved Codes of Practice
- Risk Assessments and method statements for brazing
- Permit-to-Work Systems – Hot Works, Confined Space
- Transportation of Gas Cylinder Regulations
- Brazing in confined spaces
- Working on equipment containing Combustible & Toxic substances – Refrigerants, Mustard Gas (Phosgene)
- Storage and handling of Oxy-acetylene equipment
- Personal Protective Equipment.
- Fluxes and filler material
- The Brazing Process
All materials are supplied including study guide, copper, fittings, oxygen, acetylene, nitrogen and equipment.
This course is fully certified by the British Refrigeration Association and a certificate will be issued on successful completion.
4 Days – Safe Handling Of Refrigerants
C&G 2079 – F Gas & ODS Regulations
With the introduction of the Fluorinated Greenhouse Gases Regulations 2009, it is now an offence for an individual in the UK to work with fluorinated greenhouse gases and ozone depleting substances without holding one of the qualifications listed within the regulations.
The assessment covers 9 key areas of competence. You will be required to successfully complete all tasks whilst working on an approved City & Guilds test rig. You may receive verbal questions from the assessor while you undertake your practical exam. You could also be asked to describe the actions you are performing and explain why you are taking them.
- Global Warming, Climate Change & Ozone Depletion
- System Components
- Health & Safety of Refrigerants
- Brazing & Pipework
- Pressure Testing
- System Evacuation & Record Keeping
- Charging Refrigerant & Leak Checking
- Refrigerant & Oil Recovery
- Hazardous Waste Consignment Notes
Upon successful completion of both the theory and practical assessments, you will be issued with a City & Guilds certificate.
WHO IS THIS 5 DAY COURSE FOR?
Specifically for offshore mechanics, electricians and marine engineers who need to repair refrigeration systems on cruiseships, supply vessels, survey vessels and containerships. This course will give you the skills needed to confidently repair and commission refrigeration and air conditioning systems in marine environments.
HOW DO I BOOK THE COURSE?
Simply call our office on +44 (0) 8453876387 or email your enquiry to email@example.com
REMEMBER: We’re MOBILE and we bring the training to you!
cforms contact form by delicious:days